Everything you need to know
There may be occasions when you need to return an item or items to us. We aim to make our returns process as simple as possible.
To return your item you will need to have your invoice number handy. To get started with the return please enter your post code and invoice number below.
Your invoice will either have been emailed to you or included in the package with the item(s) you ordered. You will find the invoice number located below the company logo and address. The invoice number is also printed on the yellow sticky label attached to each individual item. Please Note: Your invoice number always starts with CI and the input box is case sensitive, so please take care when entering your information.
By completing the above form you are starting the process and notifying us you wish to return an item. Once notified we will:
1. Allocate an authorisation code and issue a "returns pack" containing a prepaid returns label and instructions of how to return the item(s)*. Customers ordering from outside the UK and Ireland must pay the return carriage costs.
2. Subject to satisfactory inspection and test of the goods by our inspectors we will process a full refund. Refunds are processed within 10 working days on safe receipt of the item(s), using the same form of payment as the original transaction.
When returning your item to us, please ensure that your product(s) is accompanied by the original delivery note and is securely packaged.
Due to the automated processes at our Central Distribution Centre, we regret that we cannot accept returns unless our authorisation code for returns is clearly printed on outer packaging for recognition and processing purposes.
We hope that you are delighted with our products and service. However should you wish to return an item(s) to us, you should inform us of your decision within 14 days from the date on which you received the item(s).
We aim to keep our returns process as simple as possible by asking for your invoice number and postcode in any initial correspondence. We will then:
We ask you to ensure that the unwanted product is complete, unused and in 'as new' condition (e.g. if you have opened the box to examine the product, the product or packaging should not be damaged in any way). It should be returned with the original box, packaging and accessories.
In the unlikely event of there being any problems concerning the returned item(s) or the processing of a refund we will endeavour to contact you as quickly as possible. Inform us of unwanted goods or items ordered in error.
The following information is intended as a guideline. Wherever possible we will respond to your individual circumstances. Should a fault occur with the item(s) within 28 days of delivery you will be offered the choice of a replacement or refund (see Returns and Refunds)
If there is a fault with your product or other defect with your order within 12 months of delivery we will normally offer a replacement or repair. Please note: On returning a faulty product(s) please ensure that it is accompanied by the original delivery note.
This guarantee does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear. The guarantee period for consumable items (e.g. batteries, camera films, ink cartridges etc.) is three months from date of delivery. Spares that must be fitted internally are also guaranteed for three months, provided they have been fitted by a suitably qualified and competent person. If a pre-recorded videotape, DVD, CD, Minidisk or other software is faulty under guarantee we will happily exchange it for the same title or issue a refund.
We and our carriers take the greatest possible care to see that your order is delivered in pristine condition. However in the unlikely event that you take delivery of a parcel which shows signs of damage then please report the damage within 3 working days via this web site or by calling our Customer Service Department on 0844 557 5575 (For orders where a signature is required, please sign that the parcel is Damaged)
1. Allocate an authorisation code and issue a "returns pack" containing a prepaid returns label and instructions of how to return the item(s).
2. Then; subject to satisfactory inspection and test of the goods by our inspectors we will process a full refund.
3. Refunds are processed within 10 working days on safe receipt of the item(s), using the same form of payment as the original transaction.
*Please ensure that your product(s) is accompanied by the original delivery note. Return a damaged item here (you will need your order details to hand)
Our quality system ensures that all items dispatched are checked to match the order placed. However, errors can sometimes occur. Please help us to take corrective action by selecting one of the following reasons to insert in the comment box:
1. The item supplied does not match the item described on the invoice.
2. The product supplied does not match the details shown on the website.
3. The part supplied does not fit the model I ordered the item for.
4. I ordered this part by telephone and it seems my requirements were misunderstood.
Please Note: Due to the automated processes at our Central Distribution Centre, we regret that we cannot accept returns unless our authorisation code for returns is clearly printed on outer packaging for recognition and processing purposes.
We provide you with the opportunity to donate a few pence to charity as part of the checkout process. If you use this facility then your donation will be distributed by The Pennies Foundation, registered charity number 1122489. 75% will go to John Taylor Hospice, 25% will be shared amongst other UK charities. This donation is separate to your Buyspares order and is non-refundable.